Family and Community (532)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What to say?

So let's just say that you are out amongst friends, and someone announces that their father will be undergoing open heart surgery or their…

Started by Gina H

32 May 31
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

My mother and I had another fight and I'm worried about the future.

Could you please read this? I really need some support and I don't have any atheist friends. First of all, I'm female. Maybe that will col…

Started by Atheist in FundyLand

19 May 28
Reply by Craigart14

It is way past time to end Female Genital Torture.

The technical term is "Female Genital Mutilation" or FGM.  Some call it female circumcision.  However, after looking at this link (drawings…

Started by Sentient Biped

15 May 23
Reply by Dustin Roy

What to do about the passive apologists

I have a few of these at my school who are completely deluded. Ironically they're some of my closest friends but they are just batshit insa…

Started by Aaron Ferrao

32 May 19
Reply by BarbaraSATX

electronic cigarettes

What do you think about electronic cigarettes? Apparently the tobacco co's are up to their old game, marketing e-cigarettes to kids in an e…

Started by Luara

7 May 18
Reply by Luara

Alabamy license plates

For a few months I've been noticing the new Alabama license plate for vehicles. It is very ugly. Kind of green and blue (mostly green) wate…

Started by roland707

0 May 1

Atheist Confetti

I opened up an online store for customized confetti a few months ago. Right awa I noticed that the religious nuts are eager to buy anything…

Started by Polaroidxxx

6 Apr 24
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

Celebrate Bicycle Day

On April 19th 1943, Albert Hofmann took 250 mcg of LSD - a huge dose - and had the first LSD trip: He asked his laboratory assistant to esc…

Started by Luara

0 Apr 20

A Little About Me

I feel, that, in all fairness, I should reveal a little about myself. I hope what is read here does not disturb anyone. The fact is that I…

Started by Anthony Jordan

32 Apr 6
Reply by Deidre32

Wrongful convictions and the death penalty

There was an excellent article in The Atlantic magazine on the likelihood of executing innocent people in the USA, and the terrible flaws i…

Started by Luara

32 Mar 27
Reply by Luara

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service