Family and Community (547)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

If you're in Broward County Florida in May...

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Apr 19, 2011

Happenings at a workplace in the south

So I work in a support department of a fairly large company. All male. All fundamentalists. Except for me. Conversations in the shop hit o…

Started by roland707

12 Apr 19, 2011
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

So proud of my daughter

My father has always been religious, but for the most part encouraged me to find my own thing.  Recently he has been getting more religious…

Started by Alex C.

15 Apr 17, 2011
Reply by Raizinette

I have a dilema in the bible belt.....

I live in TN, where most people believe in magic, fairytales, and superstition. Any kind of group kid activities in some way or another hav…

Started by Suzann M.

6 Apr 14, 2011
Reply by paul babcock

Is there ANYTHING I can say to my nephew to make him reconsider his decision to attend Liberty University?

When he was growing up, I tried my best to corrupt him, but apparently it didn't do any good. ;) I feel his going to Liberty University wil…

Started by Atheist in FundyLand

20 Apr 13, 2011
Reply by Lorryslorrys

Any advice on how to handle my parents 50th wedding anniversary?

I was raised a Catholic, but have been an atheist for over 10 years.  I've told my parents I am a "non-believer" and a "freethinker".  They…

Started by BrentH

8 Apr 12, 2011
Reply by Tonya Wynn

Staying positive, staying connected.

The Relationship Company intends to remain on the forefront of technology that will give clients a more convenient way to meet like minded…

Started by sp005 spabc

1 Apr 3, 2011
Reply by Dennis Smith

I am the family pariah.

My family has ostracized me for my disbelief in a higher power, and so I am no longer invited to family functions etc.  We were raised hi…

Started by Michael Stephen Bell Jr.

17 Apr 2, 2011
Reply by Nicole

Counseling for relationship

When you are angry or deeply hurt, you may blow small problems out of proportion. Just as love sometimes clouds our objectivity, hurt and a…

Started by sp005 spabc

1 Mar 30, 2011
Reply by paul babcock

Cancer and where to go

My uncle was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. Then it was in his liver. Then his prostate. Now his brain. This has all happened in a ma…

Started by Bridget Rice

6 Mar 29, 2011
Reply by Bridget Rice

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service