Family and Community (547)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"Heaven is for Real" ... Jesus ...

Anybody seen this number one bestseller (literally, leading the top of the bestseller list) called:   "Heaven is For Real!"    Preacher's s…

Started by Justin Gargala

16 Aug 14, 2011
Reply by Gary C.

Need advice.

I spent most of my last summer in tonatico, a small mexican town. One thing that caught my eye was all the religious propaganda there-aroun…

Started by Torkoal (Gotta catch 'em all)

3 Aug 14, 2011
Reply by Sassan K.

Anyone know of a non-religous book that deals with this subject?

I've been searching for a book that discusses/deals with the impact a father has on his daughter when he wants nothing to do with her. Eve…

Started by Alice

1 Aug 12, 2011
Reply by Scott

Another Columbine type attack thwarted; knowing is half the battle.

By JANET McCONNAUGHEY, Associated Press – 3 hours ago COVINGTON, Louisiana (AP) — Authorities in suburban New Orleans said Friday they unco…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

2 Aug 6, 2011
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

drug abuse, psychiatric diagnoses, Getting Saved, and Satan

Part II, otherwise Satan would have his way with her A woman, getting into middle age, is admitted to the hospital for complications relate…

Started by Becoming Other

1 Aug 5, 2011
Reply by Becoming Other

Catholic School

Looking at school for our 2 boys and one of the better schools in the area is a catholic school.   Conrned that if I chose to send them to…

Started by Morgal

6 Aug 5, 2011
Reply by Jeremy Raines

I'm tired of being two people.

You'd think "coming out" to my family would get rid of that feeling, wouldn't you? Well, guess what? Unless your family, friends and co…

Started by Atheist in FundyLand

10 Aug 5, 2011
Reply by Atheist Andrea

Atheist in hiding

Helo, I am an atheist in hiding.   I am married with 2 kids and love my wife very much. She is not a fundie but believes very strongly.   N…

Started by Morgal

2 Jul 30, 2011
Reply by booklover

Humanist book makes kindle best seller list in Parenting/Morals and Responsibility

Just wanted to share my exciting new. My book: The Humanist Approach to Happiness: Practical Wisdom - which was written for teens and young…

Started by Jennifer Hancock

6 Jul 29, 2011
Reply by Jennifer Hancock

Girl Scouts

My daughter desperately wants to join. I'm fine with it, except the pledge to "serve god". it is a mostly secular group and they are free t…

Started by Morsa

13 Jul 25, 2011
Reply by John D

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Future replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
1 minute ago
Loren Miller replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
29 minutes ago
Michael Penn commented on nikki summers's blog post atheist billboard
44 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
50 minutes ago
John Jubinsky posted photos
57 minutes ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's blog post Is god good?
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
4 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
5 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
5 hours ago
Luara replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
5 hours ago
sk8eycat replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
5 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina on "Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative" in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
5 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service