Family and Community (542)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Catholic School

Looking at school for our 2 boys and one of the better schools in the area is a catholic school.   Conrned that if I chose to send them to…

Started by Morgal

6 Aug 5, 2011
Reply by Jeremy Raines

I'm tired of being two people.

You'd think "coming out" to my family would get rid of that feeling, wouldn't you? Well, guess what? Unless your family, friends and co…

Started by Atheist in FundyLand

10 Aug 5, 2011
Reply by Atheist Andrea

Atheist in hiding

Helo, I am an atheist in hiding.   I am married with 2 kids and love my wife very much. She is not a fundie but believes very strongly.   N…

Started by Morgal

2 Jul 30, 2011
Reply by booklover

Humanist book makes kindle best seller list in Parenting/Morals and Responsibility

Just wanted to share my exciting new. My book: The Humanist Approach to Happiness: Practical Wisdom - which was written for teens and young…

Started by Jennifer Hancock

6 Jul 29, 2011
Reply by Jennifer Hancock

Girl Scouts

My daughter desperately wants to join. I'm fine with it, except the pledge to "serve god". it is a mostly secular group and they are free t…

Started by Morsa

13 Jul 25, 2011
Reply by John D

Come check out Jesus on this receipt. It is so real!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/newsroom/

Started by Atheist Andrea

12 Jul 23, 2011
Reply by roland707

Look out folks, it's not just pot or beer that'll cause problems; enter MDPV,

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/17/us/17salts.html“There were some who were admitted overnight for treatment and subsequently admitted to th…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Jul 19, 2011

Ask a fundy this "Is it family and friends before god(s) for you?"

and when they say god will forgive you give em' an all american and modern day 'fuck you' and smile = )

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Jul 19, 2011

Religion should be illegal to teach to children. Is this a violation of religious freedom?

I personally do not feel that barring adults from teaching religion to children is a violation of religious freedom, I do not think parents…

Started by ryan cameron

34 Jul 19, 2011
Reply by Richard K. Emms

Atheist Invocation

If you were offered a chance to give an invocation, what would you say? Part of me would want to respond in kind to the "in Jesus name" f…

Started by Mark Johnston

3 Jul 19, 2011
Reply by Atheist Insurgency

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service