Family and Community (536)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Discouraged: just got back from chorus practice

I haven't sung in the local community chorus for a few years. I decided to re-join this semester, but after tonight, I'm seriously re-think…

Started by Atheist in FundyLand

19 Aug 29
Reply by Luara

Meet Brother Richard

You might be interested in this interview with the A/N admin, Brother Richard - talking about his history with religion and trying to creat…

Started by Luara

51 Aug 25
Reply by Cory "The Fox"

How to identify a narcissist

One simple question: To what extent do you agree with this statement: "I am a narcissist"? (Note: The word "narcissist" means egotistical,…

Started by Luara

8 Aug 21
Reply by Idaho Spud

ISIS apparently beheaded James Foley

See http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/world/meast/isis-james-foley/  American journalist.  The video was briefly on Youtube. 

Started by Luara

11 Aug 20
Reply by The Flying Atheist

Allergies and the police

I have a very VERY sensitive dog allergy.  I've gotten sick for 5 days because I was downwind from a dog in a car 50 feet away from me.  I…

Started by Luara

14 Aug 19
Reply by Luara

The born-again MIL battle continues

After her failed attempts during our last visit to drag us to church with most of the rest of the family (FIL didn't go), my mother-in-law…

Started by Christine

34 Aug 17
Reply by damian

The Secret Underground Atheist Club at work

......so far, two members. A co-worker who sits diagonally across from me, next to the born-again directly across from me, enthusiastically…

Started by Christine

9 Aug 11
Reply by matthew greenberg

We Are One

I mentioned  in a previous  thread  that we are separated by ethnicities....Such as African Americans, Irish Americans, Italian Americans,…

Started by Freethinker31

48 Aug 7
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Ruth Bader Ginsburg: My male colleagues didn’t really understand the Hobby Lobby case

Ruth Bader Ginsburg: My male colleagues didn’t really understand the Hobby Lobby case Justice Ginsburg's male colleagues either do not unde…

Started by Joan Denoo

0 Jul 31

Women for Change

Women for a Change The lives of both my grandmothers and my mother were plagued by the prevailing belief and  governmental stance that viol…

Started by Joan Denoo

2 Jul 30
Reply by Joan Denoo

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service