Family and Community (522)

Featured Discussions

Meet Brother Richard

You might be interested in this interview with the A/N admin, Brother Richard - talking about his history with religion and trying to creat…

Started by LuaraLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ruth Bader Ginsburg: My male colleagues didn’t really understand the Hobby Lobby case

Ruth Bader Ginsburg: My male colleagues didn’t really understand the Hobby Lobby case Justice Ginsburg's male colleagues either do not unde…

Started by Joan Denoo

0 8 hours ago

Women for Change

Women for a Change The lives of both my grandmothers and my mother were plagued by the prevailing belief and  governmental stance that viol…

Started by Joan Denoo

2 yesterday
Reply by Joan Denoo

The most important lesson from 83,000 brain scans: Daniel Amen at TEDxOrangeCoast

Working at the boys' ranches, one of my colleagues coined the term, "dyslogic". There was no train of thought that preceded behavior that w…

Started by Joan Denoo

1 on Tuesday
Reply by Michael Penn

We Are One

I mentioned  in a previous  thread  that we are separated by ethnicities....Such as African Americans, Irish Americans, Italian Americans,…

Started by Freethinker31

12 on Tuesday
Reply by Freethinker31

Isolation and Depression

I did a forum search and was surprised to not find any recent threads touching on this topic. I am new to this site, and a big part of what…

Started by Ryan Sikorski

21 on Sunday
Reply by Luara

the fragile penis

It's possible, and apparently very painful, to break a penis. We had this patient who suffered penile fracture after running across the roo…

Started by Luara

25 on Sunday
Reply by Freethinker31

Mourning wasted years/Time

When I believed in god, I put my dreams on hold for "god's plan" even though there was no way of knowing "god's plan" - I mean he didn't wr…

Started by Kelly Park

26 Jul 25
Reply by Dan D

Encounter with Masai

From 50 Reasons People give for Believing in a God: I was struck with a mysterious fever while on a poor man's safari in Kenya.  I was terr…

Started by Luara

8 Jul 18
Reply by Freethinker31

Forest Fires

Two of my kids are within arm's reach of forest fires & we're worried sick! This picture is from the end of my daughter's driveway, &…

Started by Patricia

7 Jul 18
Reply by Freethinker31

religious magazine in doctors' office

Waiting for my allergy shot today, I was startled to see a stealth religious magazine in the pile of magazines left for patients to read. …

Started by Luara

10 Jul 12
Reply by Pat

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service