Atheist Nexus Logo

Ethics & Morals (523)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Our criminal justice system

Why is premeditated murder considered more heinous than an impulsive murder?  The victim is just as dead.  Impulsive murder is no less crue…

Started by Luara

1 Jun 1, 2014
Reply by Idaho Spud

When does privacy matter?

If your phone rings and you answer but only hear the caller and another person talking trash about you, should you respect their privacy an…

Started by Alan Sammet

9 May 31, 2014
Reply by paul babcock

Where are all the genuine atheists?

Why do they have to smoke?  Why do they break the law and smoke pot? I'm afraid I'll have to have a religious girlfriend.

Started by Sean Curry

52 May 12, 2014
Reply by Atheist in FundyLand

Circumcision and genital mutilation: let's discuss.

I think one of the things that we far too often overlook in this country is that fact that genital mutilation of newborn boys is common pra…

Started by Eric R.

573 May 5, 2014
Reply by Neil Clark Reinhardt

Every cell is an Individual, but Mark 2:17 commands me to take FULL advantage of all medical research

A Christian friend of mine (scientist) claims that prayer always works and that embryonic stem cell research must not be permitted because…

Started by Raj

18 May 1, 2014
Reply by Plinius

World Wrestling's Steve Austin on Why Same Sex Couples Should be Allowed to Marry

“OK, so two cats can’t get married if they want to get married, but then a guy can go murder 14 people, molest five kids, then go to fuckin…

Started by James M. Martin

10 Apr 24, 2014
Reply by James M. Martin

Why can't I marry my mother?

I had a look around and could not find out what the Atheist viewpoint would be. In homosexual discussions I saw that the general opinion wa…

Started by AnonAtheist

11 Apr 23, 2014
Reply by Pat

Uganda; fubar, homophobe to the core (thanks to outside xtianity islam forsure) now moonshine epidemic!

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

2 Apr 22, 2014
Reply by AnonAtheist

Choice or genetics, does it matter?

Some guidelines for this discussion:1) Please restrict this discussion to homosexuality 2) Please avoid devolving this discussion to causal…

Started by Louis

16 Apr 22, 2014
Reply by AnonAtheist

The wrongness of homosexuality and other such diverse(perverse)ities

Is homosexuality wrong? I don't mean wrong in a silly Judeo-Christian-Islamic religious moral sense but whether it wrong in some other obje…

Started by La Gaya Sienza

61 Apr 22, 2014
Reply by Michael Penn

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service