Atheist Nexus Logo

Ethics & Morals (538)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is This Even America Anymore ?

Started by Anthony Jordan

33 Jul 27, 2014
Reply by Jonathan Chang

The Ethics of Atheism - A Conversation between Stefan Molyneux with Dr Peter Boghossian

The Ethics of Atheism - A Conversation between Stefan Molyneux with Dr Peter Boghossian re:  ethics, morals, faith, reason, philosophy an…

Started by Joan Denoo

16 Jul 27, 2014
Reply by Luara

Death Penalty vs Abortion and Social Taboos

I have been engaged in a discussion elsewhere regarding my position on abortion. I wanted to run this by the atheistnexus community as the…

Started by Gregory Phillip Dearth

64 Jul 10, 2014
Reply by Michael Penn

A Modern Version of the Pillory

In olden times blasphemers and others were placed in the pillory or stocks and subjected to public abuse. People could throw anything they…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

99 Jul 7, 2014
Reply by Michael Penn

Birth control and family planning critical to the survival of life as we know it.

This is a 2012 video and pertinent today as then. The church has committed a massive crime against the Earth by insisting on increasing pop…

Started by Joan Denoo

4 Jul 6, 2014
Reply by Daniel W

Sam Harris: "The Moral Landscape"

Has anyone read Sam Harris' book, "The Moral Landscape" ? I'm about to start reading on page 113. So far it is a very thought provoking boo…

Started by Anthony Jordan

9 Jul 2, 2014
Reply by JP Carey

Christian Science vs. Atheist Science: which has contributed most to the "greater good" of society?

I think this question pretty much explains itself. I ask it though because of a conversation I had some weeks ago with a young lady coworke…

Started by David Maxwell

16 Jun 22, 2014
Reply by Raj

Politician says gays should be stoned

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2014/06/11/3447597/oklahoma-candidate-says-gays-should-be-stoned/ It is astounding people still think this w…

26 Jun 15, 2014
Reply by k.h. ky

Testimony on Gay Conversion Therapy

A Dean and Professor of Law from Jerry Fallwell's Liberty University testified before a House Committee that prohibiting gay conversion the…

33 Jun 12, 2014
Reply by Luara

On Violence.

Is it just me, or have the shootings and stabbings been escalating?  It seems, now, I read about a new violent incident or attack, more tha…

Started by Daniel W

24 Jun 11, 2014
Reply by Joan Denoo

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service