Ethics & Morals (513)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Legalize it for PTSD's sake. Alternet.org's 10 reasons.

http://www.alternet.org/world/144838/10_reasons_the_u.s._military_should_%28officially%29_use_pot I heard of a person that broke his bac…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

1 Jan 2, 2010
Reply by Jacob Gladden

The rage button on (certain) corporations is in effect:

Here's an idea, eat less, exercise more. I grow very tired of peoples personal non-responsibility for their own actions mantra of today. I…

5 Dec 31, 2009
Reply by Jared Lardo

More Double Standards

Ok, this guy is probably my favorite YouTuber, and his latest video beautifully (well, he does talk too fast, but be patient, and you'll se…

Started by greyfoot

12 Dec 23, 2009
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

If churches really hate gay people so much they would take it out on the homeless, GLBTQ groups and allies should start opening soup kitchens.

The 3 Michigan Churches Who Are Quitting the Homeless Because Another Church Dares Tolerate LGBTs Especially in the areas where this kind…

Started by Krista

5 Dec 22, 2009
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

The 'illusion' of responsibility

I am reframing a previous discussion - that I have closed (12/17/09 - 11:00 am EST U.S.) to try to set it on a clearer track (perhaps.) I n…

Started by Howard S. Dunn

67 Dec 22, 2009
Reply by Howard S. Dunn

American-owned hotels and child-prostitution?

http://www.change.org/actions/view/tell_choice_hotels_to_prevent_child_prostitution_in_their_hotels I remember the girl mentioned. That st…

1 Dec 19, 2009
Reply by Sky Ironplow

If you are a strict determinist, what is your stance on personal responsibility?

There are some lively discussions on determinism (every effect has a cause and every cause an effect - or something like that) that end up…

138 Dec 17, 2009
Reply by Nate

Terrorism - who's responsible?

(See:Rape - Who's Responsible? This is a spin-off of the above mentioned (and very long) thread (posted by Nerd) about blaming the victim…

11 Dec 14, 2009
Reply by Howard S. Dunn

Why I don't think it's a contradiction to be pro-choice as well as vegan

This discussion was started in the thread Is the life of the mother or father more important than a BABY??, which itself started as a debat…

Started by Aaron S. (USA)

65 Dec 14, 2009
Reply by Simon JM

Interesting question on the Amanda Knox controversy

I heard about the case of Amanda Knox recently (American convicted of murder in Italy), and found out that when Amanda was accused, her aun…

Started by John C

9 Dec 13, 2009
Reply by John D

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo commented on nice girl's blog post Why I am here
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo liked nice girl's blog post Why I am here
1 hour ago
Jason Andrews commented on nice girl's blog post Why I am here
2 hours ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
2 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
3 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
3 hours ago
Freethinker31 commented on DAN DANA's blog post This Is How the Gaza War Will End
3 hours ago
Patricia replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
3 hours ago
Patricia replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
3 hours ago
Patricia replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
3 hours ago
BIPLAB DAS posted an album

anti superstition programme

its our regular antisuperstition school programme. this time we are in CHHATNA GIRLS HOGH SCHOOL of BANKURA DISTRICT in INDIA. we are disclosing the miracle behind FIRE WALKING.
3 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service