Ethics & Morals (494)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pastor's arrest rocks church Youth minister charged in sex case. Coral Springs FL.

more of the same lame game of dodging the facts... how many times is this not reported? http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/coral-spr

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

1 Nov 23, 2009
Reply by Verne Baxter

A Moral Dilemma with Probability?

You have a situation, the exact parameters of which do not matter. You have a choice to make. Choice A will CERTAINLY kill 15 people, an…

Started by Langston

43 Nov 22, 2009
Reply by Ogden Lafaye

Ethical dilemma: Can we link food and medicine to mandatory birth control?

Not that it matters too much, I lost the paperwork designating me as King-of-the-world and therefore can't legislate my thoughts. It does s…

Started by Sentient Biped

3 Nov 21, 2009
Reply by Sentient Biped

Everything that was wrong with my youth group

hey! This is my first actual post apart fro introducing myself, so I wanted to share with y'all an old letter I wrote. Not three or four m…

Started by Stephen Sean O'Hair

0 Nov 20, 2009

Happiness

Well, overall religion is based on happiness. To a lesser extent or a higher one, it is reaching happiness somewhere. Human nature right? T…

Started by Stevie Hunter

7 Nov 19, 2009
Reply by Stevie Hunter

Compassion is pragmatic - ethics are an extension of the instinct to preserve the species

70,000 years ago there were 2,000 of us. That's less than 5% of the average attendance of a Phillies home game this season. While many the…

Started by Howard S. Dunn

11 Nov 18, 2009
Reply by Howard S. Dunn

Cheating and the "Sanctity of Marriage"

Would you, a secular person, be against cheating? Why? How do you justify it without religion? And then, could you possibly forgive someo…

Started by Johnny

32 Nov 18, 2009
Reply by Johnny

Adherence to the Facts Wherever they Lead? Or Should We Pick and Choose those That Support Our Position?

No Description

Started by Roy Batty

12 Nov 17, 2009
Reply by Howard S. Dunn

Religion the root of all immoral behavior? If not...

As I read through atheist blogs, forums, and websites, there is abundant content about "all the atrocities committed on humanity in the nam…

Started by Jim Mo.

14 Nov 14, 2009
Reply by Louis

"transparency from their churches and question unnecessary expenditures"

http://www.kstatecollegian.com/opinion/catholic-church-spends-on-self-while-needy-starve-1.2061397 - The Church’s investments are spread…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

5 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service