Ethics & Morals (523)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Where are all the genuine atheists?

Why do they have to smoke?  Why do they break the law and smoke pot? I'm afraid I'll have to have a religious girlfriend.

Started by Sean Curry

52 May 12
Reply by Atheist in FundyLand

Circumcision and genital mutilation: let's discuss.

I think one of the things that we far too often overlook in this country is that fact that genital mutilation of newborn boys is common pra…

Started by Eric R.

573 May 5
Reply by Neil Clark Reinhardt

Every cell is an Individual, but Mark 2:17 commands me to take FULL advantage of all medical research

A Christian friend of mine (scientist) claims that prayer always works and that embryonic stem cell research must not be permitted because…

Started by Raj

18 May 1
Reply by Plinius

World Wrestling's Steve Austin on Why Same Sex Couples Should be Allowed to Marry

“OK, so two cats can’t get married if they want to get married, but then a guy can go murder 14 people, molest five kids, then go to fuckin…

Started by James M. Martin

10 Apr 24
Reply by James M. Martin

Why can't I marry my mother?

I had a look around and could not find out what the Atheist viewpoint would be. In homosexual discussions I saw that the general opinion wa…

Started by AnonAtheist

11 Apr 23
Reply by Pat

Uganda; fubar, homophobe to the core (thanks to outside xtianity islam forsure) now moonshine epidemic!

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

2 Apr 22
Reply by AnonAtheist

Choice or genetics, does it matter?

Some guidelines for this discussion:1) Please restrict this discussion to homosexuality 2) Please avoid devolving this discussion to causal…

Started by Louis

16 Apr 22
Reply by AnonAtheist

The wrongness of homosexuality and other such diverse(perverse)ities

Is homosexuality wrong? I don't mean wrong in a silly Judeo-Christian-Islamic religious moral sense but whether it wrong in some other obje…

Started by La Gaya Sienza

61 Apr 22
Reply by Michael Penn

The Social Contract = Illusion?

When I was in my early twenties I started thinking a lot about the law, paying taxes, and how society functions. I had a lot of troubling t…

Started by Sven Andersson

13 Apr 7
Reply by James M. Martin

How to respond to the stereotypical "atheists have no morals" question.

Its seems that whenever I end up into a overwhelmingly misinformed theist friend, this peculiar phrase pops up. The question of a set stand…

Started by Aaron Ferrao

19 Apr 2
Reply by Future

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service