Ethics & Morals (528)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Modern Version of the Pillory

In olden times blasphemers and others were placed in the pillory or stocks and subjected to public abuse. People could throw anything they…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

99 Jul 7
Reply by Michael Penn

Birth control and family planning critical to the survival of life as we know it.

This is a 2012 video and pertinent today as then. The church has committed a massive crime against the Earth by insisting on increasing pop…

Started by Joan Denoo

4 Jul 6
Reply by Daniel W

Sam Harris: "The Moral Landscape"

Has anyone read Sam Harris' book, "The Moral Landscape" ? I'm about to start reading on page 113. So far it is a very thought provoking boo…

Started by Anthony Jordan

9 Jul 2
Reply by JP Carey

Got first allergy shot, told later it was only saline???

I started allergy shots, and the doctor without me knowing it, gave me pure saline for the first allergy shot! Then when I came in for the…

Started by Luara

28 Jun 29
Reply by Luara

Christian Science vs. Atheist Science: which has contributed most to the "greater good" of society?

I think this question pretty much explains itself. I ask it though because of a conversation I had some weeks ago with a young lady coworke…

Started by David Maxwell

16 Jun 22
Reply by Raj

Politician says gays should be stoned

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2014/06/11/3447597/oklahoma-candidate-says-gays-should-be-stoned/ It is astounding people still think this w…

26 Jun 15
Reply by k.h. ky

Testimony on Gay Conversion Therapy

A Dean and Professor of Law from Jerry Fallwell's Liberty University testified before a House Committee that prohibiting gay conversion the…

33 Jun 12
Reply by Luara

On Violence.

Is it just me, or have the shootings and stabbings been escalating?  It seems, now, I read about a new violent incident or attack, more tha…

Started by Daniel W

24 Jun 11
Reply by Joan Denoo

If this wasn't so stupidly ridiculous, it would be laughable.

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – Televangelist and 700 Club host Pat Robertson, 83, today interrupted a segment of his show dedicated to fielding audi…

Started by Patricia

19 Jun 11
Reply by James M. Martin

Poverty: Secularism’s True Enemy

Poverty: Secularism’s True Enemy - from The Autarkist Blog  *** In recent weeks, there has been huge controversy surrounding issues of reli…

Started by Hiram

2 Jun 8
Reply by Plinius

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service