Ethics & Morals (494)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Death Penalty vs Abortion and Social Taboos

I have been engaged in a discussion elsewhere regarding my position on abortion. I wanted to run this by the atheistnexus community as the…

Started by Gregory Phillip Dearth

38 on Saturday
Reply by Gregory Phillip Dearth

Sam Harris: "The Moral Landscape"

Has anyone read Sam Harris' book, "The Moral Landscape" ? I'm about to start reading on page 113. So far it is a very thought provoking boo…

Started by Anthony Jordan

0 on Saturday

The Social Contract = Illusion?

When I was in my early twenties I started thinking a lot about the law, paying taxes, and how society functions. I had a lot of troubling t…

Started by Sven Andersson

13 Apr 7
Reply by James M. Martin

Circumcision and genital mutilation: let's discuss.

I think one of the things that we far too often overlook in this country is that fact that genital mutilation of newborn boys is common pra…

Started by Eric R.

552 Apr 4
Reply by Ron Low

How to respond to the stereotypical "atheists have no morals" question.

Its seems that whenever I end up into a overwhelmingly misinformed theist friend, this peculiar phrase pops up. The question of a set stand…

Started by Aaron Ferrao

19 Apr 2
Reply by Future

The Rise and the Fall of the Third Reich

Sixty-four years ago William L. Shirer wrote a history of the Nazi regime and its part in the Second World War. I am rereading it—a major t…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

36 Apr 2
Reply by Luara

Jason Lisle vs secular morality

I have found this absoulte absurd "refutation" on Jason Lisle's blog of secular morality and it seems to be from the iron chariots wiki, do…

Started by Tony Jiang

4 Apr 1
Reply by Tony Jiang

Where are all the genuine atheists?

Why do they have to smoke?  Why do they break the law and smoke pot? I'm afraid I'll have to have a religious girlfriend.

Started by Sean Curry

50 Mar 31
Reply by Michael Penn

Got first allergy shot, told later it was only saline???

I started allergy shots, and the doctor without me knowing it, gave me pure saline for the first allergy shot! Then when I came in for the…

Started by Luara

27 Mar 20
Reply by Luara

No True Christian

We see things like this, complete with Biblical references, and wonder how any decent person can take the Bible as a legitimate moral guide…

Started by Ted Foureagles

8 Mar 18
Reply by Michael Penn

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service