Coming Out Atheist (207)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Noob to Missouri farm-country & openly atheist

I'm a mathematics major (pure) wrapping up my last semester, and my GF and I just moved to very rural Missouri, on a farm, with Amanda's gr…

Started by Joseph Edwards VIII

2 Jun 11, 2012
Reply by Nerdlass

Parents force me to go to church, read Christian "literature". What should I do?

First, my  coming out story. After church, I got into yet another argument with my Dad about what happened in Church. The story was that on…

Started by Jacob

20 May 9, 2012
Reply by Regina M

I married the "devil" and I'm getting "crusaded" by my nutty family!

Nearly seven years ago, I married my wife, Kat, who identified as a Wiccan. Although she went under this label, she did not actively p…

Started by Andy Reid

3 Apr 24, 2012
Reply by Andy Reid

Should we be more social?

I just listened to an interview with Michael Shermer on the Mile High Sanity Project podcast.  Shermer brought up the point that for some p…

Started by Scott A. Hunt

16 Apr 23, 2012
Reply by Mahatma Coat

Ready to take the plunge!

Gulp. After 42 years of church, praying and belief in a god, I'm 99% atheist. There's just one little nagging thread clinging on, the old…

Started by K Avony

37 Apr 22, 2012
Reply by John Aultman

Life as an ex-Mormon

Oh Boy. Where to start.I was born into a Mormon family and was baptized at 8. Which right off the bat I have a few issues with. I believe t…

Started by Joshua Francom

23 Apr 22, 2012
Reply by Mahatma Coat

My Parents Believe I am Possessed

My parents are very pious and devout Christians.  They refuse to listen to logic and reason.   What should be done to change their mind?  W…

Started by Tyler Ford

11 Apr 9, 2012
Reply by annet

How I Became an Atheist - The Fear of Coming Out

I posted this as a blog, but someone suggested I put it in a discussion so here it is.     I was born in 1976 to a family who were member…

Started by Nontheist Central

4 Apr 1, 2012
Reply by Nontheist Central

This was a good start...

So, we went to the Reason Rally Yesterday. We got there around 7:30 and got excellent space about 10 feet back from the VIP section with a…

Started by Jason Fleming

19 Apr 1, 2012
Reply by Jason Fleming

trying to start a secular group in the bible belt any advice

So i got back from the reason rally and decided to start a secular group in my hometown in south georgia. I have about a half dozen people…

Started by David S Wachman

0 Mar 31, 2012

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service