Coming Out Atheist (204)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Should I tell her?

I need some advice as to what I should do. I am open about my atheism with my family and don't really worry about what they think since my…

Started by Shyanne Gold Orr

16 May 15, 2013
Reply by John Aultman

Response to prayers?

So I came out of the closet some time ago last year and told all my closest friends that I am an atheist. One of my friends is very into he…

Started by Samantha G

13 May 15, 2013
Reply by Ivanthecur

"Your choices to burn are on my lap."

In the past week I came out to my parents as an atheist.  I accepted their shock, as I would be absolutely asinine not to expect it, but I…

Started by Tyler Ford

19 May 15, 2013
Reply by Ivanthecur

If you have/had Christian parents, help.

My mother is a very religious Christian. I mean, VERY religious. If she knew I've been Atheist for about 4 years now she'd have a coronary.…

Started by Stormi C.

19 May 15, 2013
Reply by Ivanthecur

Advice on coming out to mom

Hi! New here and needing advice. I was raised by a devout christian mom and completely apathetic dad (to this day I have no idea what he be…

Started by Amber

5 May 15, 2013
Reply by Ivanthecur

hi, im out of the closet....well kind of

my folks know that i don't believe in god. but alot of people i know don't in my mind for some reason i don't think they'd understand :( i…

Started by michael piusinski

3 May 13, 2013
Reply by Regina M

Not sure about how to respond to a letter

This shouldn't be a dilemma, but it is. I wrote a book about my family history, and as I had a couple left over after giving them to my fa…

Started by Gail

8 Apr 24, 2013
Reply by Debra Stevenson

Friends and family reactions

Why is it as soon as people you have known for years find out youre an atheist, they look at you in disgust and disbelief. The follow up qu…

Started by Shawn

10 Apr 17, 2013
Reply by Gail

American Atheists does round table with TX area pastors.. ~

http://www.atheistnexus.org/forum/topics/ameriatheists-doing-outreach-for-lapsing-pastors

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Mar 30, 2013

I need debating help

Hello everyone!  I am in need of help. As an atheist, I feel I am constantly having to ague or defend my stance and views.  Although I am a…

Started by Erica Tracy

16 Jan 3, 2013
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service