Coming Out Atheist (207)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Consequences of being an Atheist

How much of my life has suffered because of being an Atheist? Almost all aspects of it within the last decade.  I have lost family because…

Started by John Harrison

5 Jun 6, 2013
Reply by Farhan Malek

Religion vs. Atheism in the Workplace

About a year ago, I started my career in the Federal government.  As far as I know, I am the only atheist in my office, and some of the peo…

Started by Civilly Disobey

31 May 17, 2013
Reply by Tony Baldwin

Appropriate Legal Reprisals

I am seeking specialized lawyers and organizations in the United States that specifically deal with violations of the 1st Amendment and the…

Started by John Harrison

2 May 16, 2013
Reply by booklover

Should I tell her?

I need some advice as to what I should do. I am open about my atheism with my family and don't really worry about what they think since my…

Started by Shyanne Gold Orr

16 May 15, 2013
Reply by John Aultman

Response to prayers?

So I came out of the closet some time ago last year and told all my closest friends that I am an atheist. One of my friends is very into he…

Started by Samantha G

13 May 15, 2013
Reply by Ivanthecur

"Your choices to burn are on my lap."

In the past week I came out to my parents as an atheist.  I accepted their shock, as I would be absolutely asinine not to expect it, but I…

Started by Tyler Ford

19 May 15, 2013
Reply by Ivanthecur

If you have/had Christian parents, help.

My mother is a very religious Christian. I mean, VERY religious. If she knew I've been Atheist for about 4 years now she'd have a coronary.…

Started by Stormi C.

19 May 15, 2013
Reply by Ivanthecur

Advice on coming out to mom

Hi! New here and needing advice. I was raised by a devout christian mom and completely apathetic dad (to this day I have no idea what he be…

Started by Amber

5 May 15, 2013
Reply by Ivanthecur

hi, im out of the closet....well kind of

my folks know that i don't believe in god. but alot of people i know don't in my mind for some reason i don't think they'd understand :( i…

Started by michael piusinski

3 May 13, 2013
Reply by Regina M

Not sure about how to respond to a letter

This shouldn't be a dilemma, but it is. I wrote a book about my family history, and as I had a couple left over after giving them to my fa…

Started by Gail

8 Apr 24, 2013
Reply by Debra Stevenson

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service