Coming Out Atheist (205)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Struggling to tell my family that I am an atheist...

Hello my fellow atheists, I am really struggling to tell my parents that I am an atheist. First of all I want to give you a short overview…

Started by Andi the blasphemer

9 Apr 23, 2009
Reply by Allen Uribes

The "Respect" Argument

My mom often says that I must go to synagogue simply because I must show respect for the family. They say they want the family to be there…

Started by chironex

37 Apr 18, 2009
Reply by Buffy

Advice needed about dealing with others

I know I am an atheist. To me that's a fact very much in the same why the sky is blue for me. My dad as much as I love him he's a baptist.…

Started by Dre Smith

9 Apr 17, 2009
Reply by Szekularis Figyelo

growing up and religon

hi. is it me or do more people end up the opposite as their raised as ppl who are raised that way. every atheist i know was raised catholic…

Started by park

10 Mar 9, 2009

Dealing with parents/relatives/friends

Although I told my parents that I am an agnostic and do not feel bound by their laws and restrictions they have steadfastly refused to budg…

Started by Emanuel

20 Mar 1, 2009
Reply by chironex

Religion Stronger Than Family?.. .

Since the early age of 12 I been questioning my family's beliefs (Catholic). Curious questions such as.. If "god" created everythig, did so…

Started by Atheist Soldier

3 Feb 21, 2009
Reply by Sentient Biped

how to tell my parents i don't want to go to church

so im 16 and living at home. i was brought up catholic but my family is particularly devout. however, we go to church every sunday (and my…

Started by olivia

13 Feb 21, 2009
Reply by Jason Torpy

Outcast

Started by M604

4 Feb 11, 2009
Reply by Chris

My 'coming out'

I'm new here but I figured I'd go ahead and share my story. I was raised in a very relaxed Catholic family. We never went to church and I…

Started by Amy

4 Feb 7, 2009
Reply by chironex

New to the forum

I was born a Jehovah's Witness, for 30 years I did not peruse higher education because the end of the world was close at hand. When raised…

Started by edteach

3 Feb 6, 2009
Reply by Goz

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service