Coming Out Atheist (204)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Irish Catholics go online to lose religion

A website is acting as a one-stop shop for disgruntled Catholics who want to officially quit their religion, especially in the wake of the…

Started by Robert Tobin

8 Feb 27, 2010
Reply by Prog Rock Girl

The atheist ichthus: Do we have a secret symbol?

You know the Jesus fish, the ichthus? It came about because Christians had to keep their religion secret. They would draw one half of the f…

Started by Eric P. Metze

34 Feb 25, 2010
Reply by Johnsky

Parents that just became atheist but have teeangers; how to tell if they are been raised as Christian-Roman Catholics?

I'm a parent of three teenagers and I've just decide to leave the roman catholic christianity and join the atheist. How do I tell my kids?…

Started by Joel Gonzalez

13 Jan 23, 2010
Reply by Timothy W. Brown

Would coming out hinder therapy?

I don't know if this is worthy of a whole discussion but I was thinking of going to some couple therapy soon, but the thought crossed my mi…

Started by SkeptiKat

10 Jan 17, 2010
Reply by mrs kelligurl

Is there an atheist version of "gaydar"? In other words, how can you tell?

With so many 'coming out' stories about atheism, I was wondering if there is a way that atheists can identify one another without asking. I…

Started by Sentient Biped

107 Jan 4, 2010
Reply by Rayray

Is this Saudi Arabia?

I'm a little surprised that this group exists. This isn't a Saudi Arabian forum is it? I thought that freedom of thought and speech were p…

Started by Peter Brooks

8 Dec 29, 2009
Reply by Marshall

I never did believe in God

I was 9 years old when my grandfather started to train me for Baptism in the LDS. I thought he was kidding! This was long before television…

Started by Sandra Price

0 Dec 22, 2009

Atheist Student Groups Flower on College Campuses

http://www.365gay.com/news/atheist-student-groups-flower-on-college-campuses/

Started by James M. Martin

2 Nov 23, 2009
Reply by James M. Martin

Atheism Trend

Talking with a few friends we realized that when we all first 'converted' to atheism we went through a phase of uncertainty and shyness abo…

Started by Rikka

20 Nov 22, 2009
Reply by Johnsky

Still In The Closet

Hello everyone! I'm pretty new to this site, but I love it by far. Okay, so I'm a 15 year old and I belong to an extremely religious family…

Started by Gabrielle

34 Nov 9, 2009
Reply by Turtle Poser

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service