Atheism (1,333)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!

I'm 60 something and a quilter.  Also a former math teacher with a lot of other things that I enjoy.  I belong to some online quilting grou…

Started by Ceil

69 Aug 23
Reply by ShroudedAtheist

Without god what's to stop me from raping all I want? Penn Jillette answers

I love this quote from Penn Jillette and a wonderful interview. The question I get asked by religious people all the time is, without God,…

Started by Steph S.

83 Aug 21
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Confessions of a Chickenshit Tax Payer: Thoughts on Thoreau and the Religious Right SCOTUS

If atheists and other non-believers had something akin to a confessional, I should have to go and spill my guts. The confessor would inquir…

Started by James M. Martin

7 Aug 10
Reply by James M. Martin

Terribly at Ease in Hell

Way back when there was an episode of The Twilight Zone (probably along with Mad magazine one of the evil influences that corrupted my mind…

Started by Bertold Brautigan

3 Aug 5
Reply by Bertold Brautigan

ok, can atheists please stop voting for Republicans now?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mayor-atheists-like-nazis-kkk seriously people.  this is what Republicans think of us.  you don't ha…

Started by matthew greenberg

43 Aug 3
Reply by booklover

New Teacher Question

[Cross-posted from the Atheist Teachers group] Hi, all!  This coming school year I am going to be a first-year English teacher at a high s…

Started by Shy_Metamorphosis

6 Jul 27
Reply by Shy_Metamorphosis

The Unanswerable

This subject has been spoken of before. But I would like to revisit it. What we know today as Epicurus' Riddle: "Is God willing to prevent…

Started by Anthony Jordan

8 Jul 27
Reply by Daniel W

The Secular Life Thriving Without Gods or Gurus, A Really Good Thing

The Secular Life Thriving Without Gods or Gurus, A Really Good Thing "Yes, the growth of atheism, agnosticism, skepticism, humanism, and ot…

Started by Joan Denoo

6 Jul 24
Reply by Idaho Spud

Finally attended an atheist lecture!

And it was great. Last-minute decision to go into the city and hear Don Kennedy Albert talk about his experience as an elder with the JW's,…

Started by Christine

15 Jul 22
Reply by Loren Miller

A World Without Christianity

http://youtu.be/uE8UvI6wenQ?list=UU7YOGHUfC1Tb6E4pudI9STA How Likely do you think that this story is?  Do you all think we would be 1000 ye…

Started by MagetheEntertainer

1 Jul 18
Reply by Gila Guerilla

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service