Atheist Nexus Logo

Atheism (1,318)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pope: "Catholics shouldn't breed like rabbits"

He's been in the news a lot.  But then, as the emperor of a vast realm with more than a billion people, I guess he should be. 

Started by Daniel W

26 Jan 22
Reply by Patricia

US atheist organisation demands apology after Alabama university chancellor sends out video about importance of religion for democracy

Anyone hear about this in the news? What are your thoughts about it? Atheists in the US are demanding an apology from a university chance…

Started by Steph S.

14 Jan 18
Reply by Freethinker31

The founder of Christianity was a plagiarist and an admitted liar

Why is it so difficult to admit the writers of the Bible were shady characters? It's not really a big claim. The hierarchy of religion has…

Started by Bill_Hicks_Worshipper

9 Jan 15
Reply by Bill_Hicks_Worshipper

Dogmatic atheism?

How outspoken should we be relating to atheism? If a fellow atheist doesn't agree with you on certain aspects of atheism, do you dismiss th…

Started by Deidre

618 Jan 12
Reply by Joan Denoo

IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?

I wanted to put this question out there to see how strongly everyone feels on this subject. Being that most of us trust in scientific fact…

Started by scott martins

2422 Jan 6
Reply by Plinius

The Unanswerable

This subject has been spoken of before. But I would like to revisit it. What we know today as Epicurus' Riddle: "Is God willing to prevent…

Started by Anthony Jordan

9 Dec 31, 2014
Reply by Myster Menace

Jorge Ramos - atheist

not sure if this is a big deal, but Univision host Jorge Ramos is an atheist, apparently.  i just flipped to an interview with him and Bill…

Started by matthew greenberg

9 Dec 30, 2014
Reply by booklover

Nepal's killing fields: FIVE THOUSAND buffalo lie slaughtered at the beginning of Hindu ceremony for hindu goddess

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT Hundreds of thousands of animals set to be slaughtered during two-day religious festival in Nepal The Hindu festiv…

Started by Steph S.

30 Dec 24, 2014
Reply by Atheist in FundyLand

"why is life so wonderful?

I saw this online: birth, beauty, love and laughter ... pose a problem. If there is no God, and we are here through sheer happenstance, why…

Started by Luara

11 Dec 21, 2014
Reply by Luara

Our new freethought banner of the web of human knowledge

We tried to depict the fantastic web of human knowledge that the enlightenment spawned in the last 400 years.  As is obvious from the above…

Started by eric stone

4 Dec 15, 2014
Reply by tom sarbeck

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

Latest Activity

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service