Atheism (1,257)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What's your favourite Atheist vs theist online debate?

Hello all, Since You tube started up I've found it to be the most amazing source for online debate videos. I wanted to start this discussi…

Started by David Agaybi

9 Aug 3, 2009
Reply by FreeThinker

Self-help books and the "Higher Power"

I recently found myself in the market for a self-help book on dealing with having your heart broken. Wanting to have a fair idea about what…

Started by Mel

9 Jul 29, 2009

atheist bus ads "pathetic"

http://www.canada.com/life/Atheist+pathetic+Philosopher/1834362/story.html got this link from richarddawkins.net I love how this "most…

Started by markystar

4 Jul 29, 2009
Reply by markystar

Benefits and Difficulties of Freethought

I find that the definition of what a freethinker is can be somewhat misunderstood sometimes. I've even heard a Christian fundamentalist des…

Started by mthoreau

9 Jul 27, 2009
Reply by Don

Concerns about how atheism is perceived- Does it really matter?

From time to time I notice comments made by A|N members to the effect that the tone or content of this or that discussion may not reflect w…

Started by Nate

22 Jul 27, 2009
Reply by Nate

Atheist Community

My Christian friend tells me that an atheist community could never provide the support, lasting friendships, and loyalty that a church comm…

Started by MarkFL

21 Jul 25, 2009
Reply by MarkFL

Is Delusion Ever Useful?

Now, I know that the only thing we technically have in common is that we are rejecting unfounded assertions concerning a supreme being who…

Started by Josiah Allen

5 Jul 24, 2009
Reply by Tarquin St John Sh'gn'sty

Just told door-to-door Witnesses I'm an Atheist

So a couple door-to-door jehova's witnesses came to my house just now, when I opened the door they said they were encouraging their neighbo…

Started by Nicole Hellene

16 Jul 24, 2009
Reply by Doug

Innevitable End

I have a close friend(14) who is open about his atheism and accepted by his inner family who are all to my knowledge lutheran. He came up t…

Started by Craig

12 Jul 22, 2009
Reply by Jared

Which one individual poses the biggest threat to reason and/or Atheism?

Hey everybody, I am interested in any thoughts you might have on the following question- Which one individual poses the biggest threat to…

Started by Richard Piechowski

3 Jul 20, 2009
Reply by Starscream

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service