Atheism (1,257)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Joyful Atheism

I'm no PollyAndy. I know about suffering in life. I've seen, shared, and experienced a fair amount myself. I know that some lives are too s…

Started by Sentient Biped

19 Aug 18, 2009
Reply by Crazy Cat Lady

The comfort of an afterlife

Elsewhere, Zevaeros writes: * The comfort of an afterlife This is perhaps the most troubling thing about atheism for me - the absence of…

Started by Фелч Гроган

24 Aug 17, 2009
Reply by Mel

Atheist = Arrogant, Know-it-all Demeanor???

I have 2 female friends who are believers and have claimed several times over the years that since I became an atheist, I act like a know-i…

Started by Ron Edwards

23 Aug 7, 2009
Reply by MrBiggMan

Really suspect wikipedia article.

The following article looks utterly suspect. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_C._Sanford The references are mostly to christian sites an…

Started by Ariel Sergio Wollinger Martins

5 Aug 7, 2009
Reply by Ariel Sergio Wollinger Martins

A Personal Atheist Manifesto: 20 Points

This comes from Section 1 of the atheist handbook that I put together; it defines my atheism...which offers me an interesting insight: stri…

Started by Langston

7 Aug 6, 2009
Reply by Langston

"Atheist Church" Poll is Counter Productive and Ill advised

I was sort of surprised when I signed in a few minutes ago that there was a poll asking about whether one would approve of / attend an athe…

Started by dromedaryhump

128 Aug 5, 2009
Reply by dromedaryhump

Reading Lists for rookies

New Atheist in the house!! Heres a monster of a question. I can get a university degree in philosophy and divinity but what would a self st…

Started by S

7 Aug 5, 2009
Reply by Mihai

Survey: What criticisms or pet peeves do you have about fellow atheists?

I decided to stir the pot a little this morning with something I have been thinking alot about recently for a blog I am planning in the fut…

Started by Woody Bass

64 Aug 4, 2009
Reply by Jezzy

How old were you?

If you deconverted, how old were you when you did? Myself, I'm not clean sure, though it was 11 at the oldest--I'm fairly well set on 9 bei…

Started by Jared Lardo

24 Aug 4, 2009
Reply by IAmTheBlog

Prayer Alternative

I've become an atheist within the last few years and find the only thing that I still struggle with is the comfort that prayer used to brin…

Started by David Marino

16 Aug 4, 2009
Reply by GayleMyrna

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service