Atheism (1,332)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Atheist Camp?!

Yep. There is such a thing. Or at least in Minnesota, California, Michigan, Smoky Mountains and last but not least, Ohio. The camp is calle…

Started by LifeAttacks

28 Jan 26, 2010
Reply by Amanda Metskas

Someone please explain "atheist spirituality"?

It is oxymoronic, to my understanding.  Yet, I never fail to see it displayed all over the site, and is even one of the "groups" advertised…

Started by Freedom of Anonymity

90 Jan 23, 2010
Reply by Richard Healy

Atheist Richard Dawkins aids Haiti, touts God-free giving. Whoa nelly here we go...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/religion/post/2010/01/atheists-haiti-earthquake-doctors-without-borders-red-cross/1Huge amount of c…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

4 Jan 22, 2010
Reply by Gold Guy

The failure of the "afterlife" concept

Not long ago, this was a discussion between myself and a friend, who even though Christian, has all the markers of being an intellectual ju…

Started by Freedom of Anonymity

22 Jan 22, 2010
Reply by Loren Miller

Atheist Book Challenge

I have a cousin that is a hard core Baptist.  I replied to a comment of hers on Facebook and sparked a challenge.  She was reading a book c…

Started by Matt Murchie

2 Jan 21, 2010
Reply by FreeThinker

Whether or not god exists does not matter - what matters is whether or not belief in god exists.

If a suicide bomber blows himself up in a crowded market largely as a result of a world view based on a deep-seated religious belief, the b…

Started by Howard S. Dunn

0 Jan 20, 2010

'Free will' is proof of 'no god'.

Assuming that the word 'god' refers to the 'creator of everything' and is 'perfect' (the majority of definitions) then the existence of 'fr…

Started by Howard S. Dunn

182 Jan 20, 2010
Reply by Tom Pandelaere

Los Angeles atheists aiding Haitian earthquake relief

Atheists have always donated to charities as individuals and, for that reason, have achieved little recognition for their contributions as…

Started by Hugh Kramer

1 Jan 20, 2010
Reply by Objection

Atheists in Entertainment and the Media

This may seem kind of random but an idea struck me today and I wanted to see what other people thought. There's a blog called AfterEllen (…

Started by Merchickety

10 Jan 17, 2010
Reply by Jordan

Atheist students silenced at Concordia College, Minn.?

http://www.livewiredj.net/concordian/pacercms/article.php?id=1088 ah, key mention, Campus Ministry Office, I see, bad for biz, as per usual…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Jan 15, 2010

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service